Saturday, February 28, 2015

Staying fit whilst in Sg/kl

So as some of you already know I was in Sg & KL for about 10 days whilst on my comp prep
it was my priority so stay lean and even get leaner as I was pretty much close to 12 weeks out and can't afford to take any steps back!

Whilst on my trip I found many ways and HEALTHY ALTERNATIVES that one can chose to take if you too want to be healthier, fitter or if you are even trying to lose weight and get lean

STARBUCKS HEALTHY OPTION
If you are a caffeine addict like me or if your luggage did not have space for you to pack your preworkout sups and you need aa caffeine boost try ordering these 2 healthier options at starbucks 

1 - (since it was my high carb day) 
Espresso frappe with SUGAR FREE vanilla syrup and FAT FREE milk. NO WHIP CREAM
Delicious and macro friendly ~ 

2 - (if you are going for the lower carb option) 
Just skip the milk and get an ice blended espresso frappe with SUGAR FREE vanilla syrup. No whip cream

INDIAN FOOD HEALTHY OPTION
If your family/friends are feasting on some yummy roti prata and you (like me) is craving some indian food whilst watching them 

fear not! There is a healthier option which is muchhhhhhh lower in fat 

DOSA/THOSAI 
It was my high carb day when I ate this too and I was trying to stay away from gluten and any wheat flours to avoid getting bloated sooooo 

Dosa was a great option for me!
Lower in fat (no saturated fat at all) and made from rice flour and black lentils (so gluten free!) 
Delicious and did not make me bloat

COFFEE SHOP HEALTHY OPTION


So everyone is having teh tarik, milo dinosaur and you are tired of drinking water
Try ordering just plain tea with lemon!
Make sure you tell them not to put any sugar syrup in it!
And then you have a pretty much calorie free ice lemon tea
Which is hydrating, healthy, delicious, has vitamin C and antioxidents

whats not to love?

 HAWKER CENTER/FOOD COURT HEALTHIER OPTION

in pretty much every hawker center and food court in singapore you can find these 2 shops
SLICE FISH SHOP
and
YONG TAU FU shop
Order a slice fish soup from the sliced fish shop (ask for extra fish) I think I asked for $5 extra
I weighed the fish and I managed to get just slightly over 100g of fish which was perfect for me
(yes I am a freak that brought my weighing scale to the hawker center)

and then head over to the yong tau fu shop and go crazy with tons of leafy greens and some toufu if you like

I had this post workout so I had some rice but you can skip the rice for a low carb meal ~ 

Lastly, FIND A HEALTHY FOOD PLACE 
There are more and more healthier places to eat coming up
of course there is always SUBWAY and NANDOS
(be careful what you order from subway though cause there are only some healthy options and the rest are pretty high in calories)

Nandos is always good because, chicken duhhh

I also saw a few design your own salad places around Raffles Place area
And there are a few specialty stores in KL which I forgot the names for as well but they do exist so try your best to find some !

the one I tried was called THE DAILY CUT located in One Raffles Place


They let you chose a few different sizes of boxes, the smallest one which I had consisted of
1 protein , 1 complex carb and 3 toppings

I ordered steak with sweet potato topped with quinoa, corn and tomatoes

So thankful for this place, ate there twice when I visited the FITNESS FIRST in One Raffles Quay
I was pretty much only in sg for like 4 days
Managed to only go to the gym 3 times
but thank you soooo much to Bryan from Fitness First who made it possible for me to get my 3 gym sessions in for free

and all the staff who were in Fitness First in One Raffles Quay who offered me very encouraging words and also measured my bodyfat percentage for me and all whom wished me luck for my comp!

anyone looking to join a gym should consider the Fitness First in One Raffles Quay I definitely recommend it! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment